Are you creative? vs. How are you creative?
Children believe they are creative. They are no doubt right in their thinking. Adults, however, operate with a limited view of their creativity. Christians by and large are no different. They are mired with all sorts of misconceptions about creativity. Most Christians believe they are either creative or they are not. At 316Marketplace.com, we believe God blessed each of his children with tremendous creative capacities. As a product of American education, you may have an aptitude for creativity but have never developed the abilities to exercise it. The question isn’t whether you are creative or not. The question is how are you creative.
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited to all we know and understand while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” Albert Einstein
Does your creativity give glory to God? Christian business owners should strive to be creative in the production of goods and services and their delivery to the market. Tapping into your most creative side or identifying where you are most creative takes time and extensive personal reflection. How do you become more creative in the Christian marketplace? There are many directions to take. Here are but a few:
1. Look for gaps in the marketplace. Network with faith driven consumers and learn about what they want from the Christian marketplace.
2. Keep a creativity journal. Ideas seem to hit at odd times. Reduce the noise around you and ask God for clarity. Have a way to write down your ideas or quickly record a message on your android or iPhone device.
3. Work on projects you are excited about. Don’t risk losing your creativity juices by working with or for a project that puts you to sleep! Working on faith filled projects will inspire more creativity.
4. Family time! Start and quit at a certain time each day.
5. Read more! You aren’t the first Christian business owner! Reading will inspire you and refuel your creativity reservoir.
6. Network! Join a Christian business directory or marketplace in your area. Synergize with other Christian business owners who place God and trust as the cornerstones of their business. Travel to a new business you’ve never been before, even if it’s 30 minutes away. Do something that will relax your mind, inspire you and refuel your creativity!
7. Follow creative geniuses! Often their ideas will be the catalyst for change within your brand! Creaturelandstudio.com is a great example of a Christian business using their creativity to bring joy and inspiration to others.
God has given you tremendous opportunities. Now is the time for massive creative action. Identify where you are most creative. When leveraged these creative gifts will add more value to others than your competitors in the Christian marketplace.Now, go forth and be creative. Visit 316marketplace.com